Oasis Workflow Pro v3.8 and Groups Add-on v1.0 released!
Oasis Workflow Pro v3.8 has been released! This is a major release and we excited to add some new features and enhancements.
The most awaited feature – user and groups pre-assignment is now available with v3.8 and Groups Add-on.
You can now pre-assign users (not just roles) within your workflow definition. Also, we have added the “Groups” add-on which will allow you to create user groups and assign groups to workflow steps. Read more about this add-on at https://www.oasisworkflow.com/extensions/oasis-workflow-groups
Since this is a major change on how you create your workflow steps, we took advantage of “select2” JS framework, a highly configurable and easy to use drop down interface.
Other notable improvements
- You can now sort and filter workflows by various parameters like start date, end date, title, number of posts/pages in the workflow.
- Performance Improvement – We modified some SQL queries to increase the performance for Posts Lists page and in general other page loads.
- Display custom categories – The category field on the inbox page and %category% placeholder will display custom categories too.
- When a user is deleted, if there are tasks assigned to the user, the plugin will either delete the user’s tasks OR abort the workflow whichever is appropriate.
- “Assign to all” will be checked by default for new step definitions.
- You can now choose to send the “submitter” a notification when a post/page is submitted to a workflow.
- Fixed Export of Workflows not working for non-English locales.
- Fixed issue with make revision not working when the article contains some special characters.
We are thrilled for this release and hope you enjoy it as well. As with all major updates, we strongly recommend that you use a staging or test server to test the updates on your site before installing it on a live site.
Written by Ravi Ajmera
Ravi Ajmera is the founder and lead developer of Oasis Workflow plugin. Ravi takes pride in developing integrated workflow solutions to make content publishing process transparent and easy. When not writing code, he can often be found playing tennis or working in his backyard.